The new releases mostly adds bug fixes and changes the way users share music on Ping , it adds the ability to use Ping from within iTunes library, instead of having to manually search out music tracks you already owned in the database of the iTunes Store.
Apple lists the following change in its release notes:
- Addresses an issue where the picture quality of a video changes depending on whether the on-screen controls are visible.
- Resolves an issue where iTunes may unexpectedly quit while interacting with album artwork viewed in a separate window.
- Fixes a problem that affects the performance of some third-party visualizers.
- Addresses an issue where the iTunes library and playlists appear empty.
- Resolves an issue that created an incompatibility with some third-party shared libraries.